ALL WELCOME, IDEAL FOR INTERNATIONALS & POST GRADUATED STUDENTS.
De Jordaan – which has been the home of the Jordaan family for 22 years – has been recently rebuilt to provide a home to students who wish to be part of a group but also values their own privacy. Its location is premier – in the centre of all student life while close to numerous faculties, study facilities and other student residences. It is also located on the Green Route – a recommended saferoute patrolled by SU security officials after sunset.
De Jordaan has quality of living as a major objective; with two living areas, two stoep (terrace) areas – one covered stoep leading to the garden and swimming pool, and a sun deck on the first floor – a large swimming pool and an inviting braai area under the canopy of fully grown oaks. The living areas both have communal DSTV and wifi is available throughout the house. De Jordaan also has paraplegic facilities.
Although the house has retained its old world charm with the original hardwood floors in the communal areas, the en-suite bedrooms are spacious and modern, with built-in cupboards, a desk, bookshelf, nightstand, 3/4 bed and mattress, bar fridge and blinds. Each room has a pre-paid electricity meter.
Security is a priority, and access to the house is by biometric identification, with each room having its own panic button which is connected to a response unit. The premises is well lit, and equipped with security cameras.
Parking is available as an additional extra.
The house is also named after De Jordaan, the now upmarket neighbourhood in Amsterdam which is synonymous with a good location, quality of living, a lively student community and a cosmopolitan feel. With the conversion of the Jordaan family home into De Jordaan, it is hoped that the mix of old and new will create an environment conducive to successful studies but will also be home from home for international- and post graduate students.
RENT: R9 900 pm
R300 pm parking (tenants).
R700 pm parking for private students if available.
- Rooms: furnished (3/4 bed, mattress, built-in cupboard, desk, bookshelf, chair, bar fridge, blinds, wall-mounted heating panel, night stand), security bars on ground floor and a panic button in each room. Pre-paid electricity meter.
Please note that linen and towels are not supplied.
- Kitchen: stove and fridge, induction plate, microwave ovens, kettles, sandwich presses and toasters. Crockery, cutlery, pots and pans. Scullery with washing-up area and dishwasher.
- Living areas: upstairs living area that leads to an open terrace, downstairs communal dining room with seating for 15 leading from open-plan kitchen; with DSTV in both communal areas.
- Laundry: coin-operated washing machine and tumble dryer, with ironing facilities.
- Outdoor areas: furnished ground floor terrace leading to swimming pool and garden, plus top floor sun-deck (terrace). BBQ area in garden with additional seating under liquid amber trees.
- Water and electricity in all communal areas.
- Uncapped internet.
- Daily cleaning of communal areas, weekly cleaning of rooms.
- Laundry service twice a month, free use of tumble dryer.
- Security services.
- Garden and pool maintenance.
- Other: wifi, secure parking, bicycle storage, biometric access.
- Paraplegic facilities are available
- Secure parking
- Biometric access control
- CCTV on premises
- Panic buttons in bedrooms and
- Communal areas
- Uncapped Fibre Internet
- Cleaning of unit once a week
- Daily cleaning of living areas
- Laundry twice a month plus laundry facilities on the premises
- Furnished en-suite apartments
- Furnished living areas
- Well-equipped kitchen & dishwasher
- Swimming pool and garden
- No porta pools allowed
- No smoking allowed inside units
- No drugs allowed on premises
- Stellies student stay do reserve the right (within limits) to enter any unit should there be an emergency or should we suggest any illegality in the unit.